The Smithton Chamber of Commerce provides… New Business Contacts, Publicity and Exposure, Facebook Support, Professional Development, Referrals, Legislative Influence and much more…. including fun!
New Business Contacts
The Chamber can put you in touch with people and fellow business owners who are potential new clients or customers. Every minute you’re involved with the Chamber provides opportunities to network.
- Meetings: Monthly general membership meetings and chamber committees bring together all the members and provides the opportunity to work together and network as well as keeping you up to date on information about what’s happening in your area.
- Welcome Baskets: gives members the opportunity to have their business information distributed to every family that moves to Smithton.
- Business After Hours: Held at various places of business to give members the opportunity to get to know their fellow member’s business first hand and the chance to pass out business cards and converse with new members or visiting members of other chambers.
Publicity and Exposure
Ribbon cuttings and groundbreaking ceremonies are conducted by the Chamber for new or expanding businesses. Event sponsorships give members an opportunity to highlight their businesses and their products to other members. The Chamber’s website contains valuable information about Smithton and the business community. The community as well as other business and people relocating to Smithton will use the internet to search for businesses and events involving Smithton. Community involvement: Giving you and your business a chance to get involved in the community and make Smithton a better place to live and work.
The Chamber is dedicated to improving your ability to achieve success in your business or professional life. Members use each other to network, solve problems, exchange ideas, and share leads.
The Chamber receives many requests each year for goods and services to be purchased from the area. The Chamber provides referrals for potential clients: visitors, newcomers, businesses, and area residents. The Chamber also promotes business from within – Shop Smithton First program encourages the community to shop the businesses of Smithton first to promote commercial growth and tax base for the area of Smithton. By displaying your Chamber sign in your businesses, people will see your business is a member and enhances credibility and recognition.
The Chamber is a unified voice representing your business interest at the local, state, and federal levels of government. We work closely with the town board to keep members informed of community issues.
Why Do Businesses Join Chambers of Commerce?
1. Networking Opportunities
2. Business Community Support
3. Promote Their Business
4. Chamber Member Asked Them To Join
7. Internet/Website use
10. Business Education